Thursday, May 24, 2007

Solo Exhibit was a Blast!



















Last week my opening reception for my month long solo exhibit at Framations Gallery in St. Charles went GREAT! LOTS of people came by...possibly hundreds. My cheeks hurt from smiling so much. Many of my portrait subjects stopped by. I also had the bonus of a visit from my 7th grade science teacher who brought a painting I had done for him when I was 12 years old! That was so much fun to see. To anyone who came by I thank you for being so supportive and making the evening memorable for me. I hope you enjoyed yourselves. Thank you to Julie who came from Indiana to help me get ready and did what she does best...be a great friend. Thanks also to my extremely patient husband and kids. They sure put up with a lot from me these past few months. Special thanks to Sarah and Amy who own the gallery. They were awesome!

3 comments:

Billie Crain said...

Lisa, congratulations on your solo show!!! you certainly deserve this recognition. i had to chuckle when i saw the early portrait of your teacher...afro and all. no wonder he nabbed it.

Lisa Ober said...

Hi Billie! Thank you for the congrats. It was so much fun! I think I must have been confusing in my original comments on the show. My science teacher was the one standing next to me with the bird painting! My friend Milton (also and artist and the one with the afro) will get a kick out of it too...and he has been a teacher to me in many ways. It just so happened that just prior to the show he had shaved and braided his hair. LOL. Two days later the afro was back. I gave him trouble for that. No harm done. I always appreciate that you take the time to look in on me and comment.

Billie Crain said...

oh dear...that's what happens when whenever i 'assume' something. LOL