Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Mom's Memories














This one was a real departure for me but so much fun! My client had a small favorite photo from a memorable vacation years ago and she wanted me to paint larger for above the fireplace. I was so excited to paint it because I could see why she loved it. It really captured a moment in time. A different kind of painting for me because it was more painterly and allowed me to leave visible brush strokes, something I don't normally do especially since much of my portrait work of children is done in pastel. What a great summer painting experience. It really got me in the summer mood! Oil on panel. 36 X 24.

6 comments:

Billie Crain said...

Lisa, this is gorgeous. it reminds me of a print i had framed years ago of two little boys, also on the beach. when i looked at it memories of my two sons when they were small flooded back and made me feel incredible. this painting has the same effect. Bravo!

Lisa Ober said...

Thanks Billie! You're so nice to take time out to stop by.

I had the same feeling when I saw the client's photo. It really reminded me of when my two were little. Hmmm. Maybe we're onto something?

Cindy Gray said...

Lisa, how wonderful...from it's subject matter to it's lovely color pallete. Every mom who has spent serene moments on the beach with thier children will be taken back to that moment when they view this one.

Lisa Ober said...

Hello Cindy! Goodness, thank you for the compliments! How did you find me? I see you are a portrait artist too! Nice to meet you. I miss doing digital painting. I used to do lots of that..still do a little when I can. Your portrait was very nice. I would love to see more of your work. Please drop by my blog any time to say hello. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this painting, Lisa!!!!
AWESOME!!!!

Pam

BTW, I love your new Haircut! You look so pretty....and "Hip"!I am jealouse.

Lisa Ober said...

Hi Pammy! You are such a sweetie. Thank you...for the comments on the painting AND the haircut. I figured after 20 years plus of one style it was time to move on. Now for my wardrobe...