Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Archbishop Raymond Burke







































I have finally finished and presented the painting of Archbishop Raymond Burke...and here it is. I was pleased with the final results and I hope the archdiocese was as well. This oil painting measures 36 X 48 so it is one of the larger paintings I have done recently. The subject is life-size. I had difficulty photographing the magenta in the clothing so this photo isn't perfectly accurate. Reds are difficult for cameras. Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful work, Lisa!

Peter said...

Gorgeous work... worthy of the saintly man that the Archbishop is.
Too bad you can't have poster prints available for us to have in our home. :)

Lisa Ober said...

Thank you both for your compliments. The portrait of the Archbishop is one of my favorite portraits (to have worked on) to date. He is such a pleasant looking man and I hope I did him justice. Thanks for taking time to comment.

Terry Nelson said...

Very beautiful! I'm a self-taught painter and I'm laboring over a painting of Cardinal Burke - I'm embarrassed now - your work is masterful. Thanks!

Lisa Ober said...

Hi Terry! Why thank you! I would love to see your painting when you are finished.