Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pastel of Pastels


Pastel on board.  20 X 17.
Sometimes it's nice to change it up and paint something that isn't a variation on tan, peach, brown, beige or white as it often is when painting portraits.  Throwing some tissue on my drawing board with a few of the pastels I used to create this piece seemed the perfect remedy.  It all seemed so simple at first until I realized how much I had crumbled the tissue.  That just created a lot more detail work than I had anticipated.  No matter, I like a challenge and this one certainly provided that!



2 comments:

Alvin Richard said...

Now pastels Lisa....you never cease to amaze me. Big WOW factor!

Lisa Ober said...

Hi Alvin! Aw, thanks. It's nice to see you. Thanks for taking the time to leave a note. You're an inspiration to me.