Thursday, April 5, 2007

Stripes and Solids In Process












Meow. This is an "in process" view of my most recent undertaking, a 6' X 4' oil painting on prepared panel of (in case you can't tell) a tiger. After much research together with consultation with my lovely client we arrived at this composition. I knew this would be a difficult painting because of its size and complexity especially with regard to the composition but I had no idea how long it would actually take me. We are still fine tuning the details but I hope to have it completed very soon. I am anxious to see what type of frame my client will choose and with a little luck I will see it hanging in its final resting place. I wish I had more opportunity to paint large pieces like this. It has been a challenge and a learning experience.

3 comments:

Billie Crain said...

Lisa, let me be the first to tell you how gorgeous this is! i love big cats. in fact, i love cats of any size. 6'X4'...omg! i know someone else that's recently started a painting on this scale. i can't begin to imagine working that large. the effect up close must be amazing.

Anonymous said...

Wow what a challenge. Very impressive. I think a bit of a departure for you, but sometimes that is a very good thing... I believe.

Lisa Ober said...

Thank you, Billie! I enjoyed doing a larger piece for a change. I wish I had an easel to hold it. That would have made it easier. I sat on the floor for this one!

Hello Robin and thanks so much for stopping by! Yes, I guess this is a departure from recent work event though I started my career as an animal portrait artist. I like to change things up as it keeps me interested and enthusiastic about my job. Thanks you again for taking the time to comment. Come back soon! I need visitors for sure...